Tuesday, February 2, 2016

I will start at the beginning of the long space of time when i have not been posting in my blog.
My family came and visited us at the end of October beginning of November, and the last month before they were due to arrive, we spent all time trying to finish the guest rooms. That included buying two new daybeds and related bed sheets, pillows and other related bedding. On top of the already normal cleaning up the house and making sure the garden didn't die from heat exhaustion.

My family spent a whirlwind two weeks here celebrating Swedish Christmas early (we celebrated it on Halloween funnily enough) and also trying to do all kinds of touristy things like the zoo and the aquarium, Adventure world, the beach and feeding kangaroos. My Brother even managed to fit in a good 30 hour stomach-bug. which caused me and him to have a lovely day at home with me trying to feed him chicken soup and water while he was trying to get better. Every one else went to the city center for the day and they did have an enjoyable day too. To be honest i did enjoy that day even though knowing my brother were not well, You do not realize how good it is to just be able to be in the same room with your family unless you have been separated from them for extended periods of time like I have.
I hope they had a good time as two weeks is quite a short time trying to take everything in or even try to get through the list of everything to do. I also hope that we didn't miss doing anything they felt was important for their visit. I was too busy spending time withe them to really properly take a lot of photos. But i managed to take the below panoramic photo of the city one day when we were at the park.

My mom bought a proper real working Didgeridoo for one of my brothers that i need to organize to post. I bought some packing tape this past weekend and made up a box for it. Now i just need to go to the post office on the three hours they are open on early Saturday mornings. I have noticed quite a while ago that i have pretty much not a single chance to get to either the Post office or the Bank on working days if i do not take a day off work specifically to get those kinds of things done. Banks have withdrawn from certain service hours, and so has the post offices. I guess that's been the trend all over the world.
I hope i will be able to send the package very soon because it was supposed to be a Christmas present I think. And now we are already in February so i feel a bit bad. Also knowing the post does not travel very quickly.

Quite a while back we took the dog to the beach for the first time. He behaved really well, and he greeted other dogs very politely. We were a bit worried that he would let the fear get to him and he would bark at every dog. But i think it helped the setting were completely uncharged and not on his territory as he had never been there before. As well as the waives and all the smells distracted a big enough part of his brain to make his behavior exemplary.


Today's song:
CHVRCHES - Leave A Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment