Tuesday, August 4, 2015

All the preparations for the visit in October is in full swing. I have started putting together the guest rooms, and they are quite close to being complete. I am currently in the stage where I am getting all the bed sheets, pillows and artwork.
I have requested some food guidance of what my family wants when they come to visit. So far there has only been suggestions of meals that we need to go out to eat. But I am sure that once it gets a bit closer we will know a bit better. I have also started to look at the activities that they want to do. The list is longer than long and I need to make sure I can fit in mostly new but also some re-visits. We only have two weeks to work with so it is going to be a challenge to keep it a holiday and not a complete madhouse of running around trying to make it to all the places. We are quite lucky that we live quite central.

Last Sunday I bought myself some new scented candles for the season. There was a few that I liked and since they were on sale I bought four of the scents. It is always good to have candles. I also bought some towels for our bathroom and a cover for our bed. Unfortunately Elsa have taken to sleeping on our blanket. She is hairy and I imagine that she is only going to get more hairy soon once the winter is over and she looses her winter fluff. I love my animals but I do not want hair in the bed if it can be avoided. Mike went with me on my little shopping spree and sometimes I wonder how he can stay such a patient man. He would be following me around for hours when I shop for things and not expect me to actually buy anything. There are days when I look at five different things and get completely deadlocked what I really want and can't choose or; sometimes when I go to buy clothes and walk around the shops for hours without finding anything I like the look of. Another likely scenario is if the shops are to crowded and I just turn around an leave. There is nothing material that currently exists in the world at this exact moment in time, that I want or need so much that I am prepared to squeeze through a sea of people to get it.

Work have started to really get busy lately. I find myself focusing on what I have in front of me and not thinking so much about anything else than work and suddenly its 5 PM. I have set myself a goal that I will do my best every day to get out on time even though I am working in the career I am working in, Where nothing is completely predictable. Its been hard to keep motivated doing housework because its dark when I finally get home and I have found most of my past few weekends have been spent doing the housework that I haven't done through the week, instead of actually relaxing. So I have set myself a challenge to do thirty minutes of something productive as soon as I walk in the door.
I am going to see how that goes. I just need to keep it going once I get the routine started.
This week have been quite easy to get in to it because we do not have any channels on our TV that can distract me at the moment. We are going to have to call the TV provider tomorrow to figure out what's wrong. The TV is working and so is our movies box, we just simply can't get any channels.

I have also updated some of the itroduction/about this blog page because it was a bit outdated.
The link does not open in a new tab.

Today's song:
Whitney Houston - I wanna dance with somebody

No comments:

Post a Comment