Saturday, January 28, 2017

I went to see the Nut Cracker Ballet before Christmas with my mother in-law and it was really good, on the way there we got stuck in traffic and had only minutes to spare once we had parked in a parking space to run down the street and get in to the theatre before they closed the doors.
The most amazing thing about the performance, was that when you got out of the theatre after spending thee hours in the wonderful winter wonderland of the Nut Cracker story. You walked out to snow falling from the rooftops in a city where it never snows.
The theatre had a snow machine mounted to the roof of the building who were blowing the snow out over the street.
I really missed snow so i spent a good amount of time standing there just looking at it.

Then Christmas came along and nothing went according to the plans that i had so carefully planned the months before. The plans to start having our own Christmas traditions did not exactly work out this year. I was going to bake some spiced Christmas bread that turned out to become bricks because they did not rise and was in-eatable. The Christmas ham was not much to talk about either as the butcher totally did not deliver what i had ordered. They gave me half a sandwich ham used in Delis when you order sliced ham. I cooked the ham anyway but it did not turn out to be very good. Next year i will not order over the phone, i will make sure i go there to explain what i want. in the same time frame I got the flu and was bed-ridden with a really bad cough over the entire Christmas period and had to go to the doctor every second or third day for a check up. I was off work for a whole week and a couple of days and was not well at new year or the first week of January either. I cancelled a lot of the family visits and events we were invited to over Christmas At new years I ended going home early and going to bed at 8 PM.
2016 was the year when I wanted to have a Christmas, but was not really there and present enough to actually celebrate.
I would like to thank everyone for the gifts I got this year, I do like all of them.
And thank you mom for the talks while I was unwell and the Christmas present opening.
It made my day that day.

Today's song:
Alt-J - Left Hand Free

No comments:

Post a Comment