Australia day is coming up and there is going to be the biggest fireworks celebration that has ever been, since this year the sky works are celebrating 30 years of fireworks for Australia day in Perth.
We are going to sit in the hills with an amazing view of the three different sky works. And i will have the soundtrack playing on my computer. I actually found an app on my computer recently that is a collection of all major radio stations (and a few not major at all) in the whole world. Needless to say I checked out some radio stations from back home, and I have really forgotten how boring they can be where they just talk about noting and other stuff that does not necessarily lead somewhere at all at the end of it.
I am sure I'm going to have fun with the app some more, checking out some other countries radio stations just to listen to some random language i do not understand very much of. Because it entertains me, and gets me curious to see if I cant understand at least a few of the words.
Today (technically yesterday as its gone past midnight as I'm writing this) has been very busy, I got up early and drove me and Pat down to the coast to get our hair done. My hair is still long if anyone wonders. I still haven't reached my goal of having it down to my waist so I wont do the all upsetting cut until I have reached it. I am getting pretty close now though if you consider 15 centimeters to be close. I don't understand the amount of people that I have told that I will cut my hair short one day when I get sick of it, and they have protested wildly like they think if id cut it off its like loosing a perfectly good body part. However, I don't think I put my personality in my hair, or even care about even having hair as much as other people seems to do. If I cut it of at least it will grow back, because that's the way my hair works. During the 8 weeks since I did my hair last time with highlights, it had grown 7 centimeters. We know that because of my ring of non highlighted hair on the top of my head (charming). That's almost one centimeter of hair a week!
After getting back home from the hairdresser me and Mike jumped in to a car to go up north and visit hes brother and hes brothers girlfriend. We had lunch with them. We also had a look at some furniture that they wanted us to look at for the house, and spent some more time with them before it was time to go.
We drove back home with a stop at the house and a stop to look at a washing machine and by the time we got back it was almost 5 pm. Since then its not been much that happened, we have just done housework and cooking and general stuff you need to do when you live in a house.
The house currently feels like everybody is holding their breath so it wont finish construction too soon (i honestly cant see why they hold off because i cant wait to get stuck in there and paint and move in). As far as I am aware the only things that has been happening there the past couple of weeks is just fixing stuff that wasn't quite right, paving the drive way (and for someone to already rub tire marks on it since we can't seal it until we have the key to the house). I still have a list of stuff they will have to finish or correct, the two biggest ones being to repaint the front door because someone wiped off dust off it and scratched it quite badly and secondly give us the feature tiles in the laundry that we so painstakingly took the time to color coordinate and choose. (at the moment there is just white tiles, no feature what so ever and I am slightly disappointed about it).I mean, i am not being awkward or anything i just want what i have been promised, and paid for with money that I am going to spend most of the rest of my working life repaying.
Well I hope that's not how long it will take for us to repay the loan, but people that live in houses tend to be in some kind of debt all their lives.
Today's song:
Len - Steal my sunshine
We are going to sit in the hills with an amazing view of the three different sky works. And i will have the soundtrack playing on my computer. I actually found an app on my computer recently that is a collection of all major radio stations (and a few not major at all) in the whole world. Needless to say I checked out some radio stations from back home, and I have really forgotten how boring they can be where they just talk about noting and other stuff that does not necessarily lead somewhere at all at the end of it.
I am sure I'm going to have fun with the app some more, checking out some other countries radio stations just to listen to some random language i do not understand very much of. Because it entertains me, and gets me curious to see if I cant understand at least a few of the words.
Today (technically yesterday as its gone past midnight as I'm writing this) has been very busy, I got up early and drove me and Pat down to the coast to get our hair done. My hair is still long if anyone wonders. I still haven't reached my goal of having it down to my waist so I wont do the all upsetting cut until I have reached it. I am getting pretty close now though if you consider 15 centimeters to be close. I don't understand the amount of people that I have told that I will cut my hair short one day when I get sick of it, and they have protested wildly like they think if id cut it off its like loosing a perfectly good body part. However, I don't think I put my personality in my hair, or even care about even having hair as much as other people seems to do. If I cut it of at least it will grow back, because that's the way my hair works. During the 8 weeks since I did my hair last time with highlights, it had grown 7 centimeters. We know that because of my ring of non highlighted hair on the top of my head (charming). That's almost one centimeter of hair a week!
After getting back home from the hairdresser me and Mike jumped in to a car to go up north and visit hes brother and hes brothers girlfriend. We had lunch with them. We also had a look at some furniture that they wanted us to look at for the house, and spent some more time with them before it was time to go.
We drove back home with a stop at the house and a stop to look at a washing machine and by the time we got back it was almost 5 pm. Since then its not been much that happened, we have just done housework and cooking and general stuff you need to do when you live in a house.
The house currently feels like everybody is holding their breath so it wont finish construction too soon (i honestly cant see why they hold off because i cant wait to get stuck in there and paint and move in). As far as I am aware the only things that has been happening there the past couple of weeks is just fixing stuff that wasn't quite right, paving the drive way (and for someone to already rub tire marks on it since we can't seal it until we have the key to the house). I still have a list of stuff they will have to finish or correct, the two biggest ones being to repaint the front door because someone wiped off dust off it and scratched it quite badly and secondly give us the feature tiles in the laundry that we so painstakingly took the time to color coordinate and choose. (at the moment there is just white tiles, no feature what so ever and I am slightly disappointed about it).I mean, i am not being awkward or anything i just want what i have been promised, and paid for with money that I am going to spend most of the rest of my working life repaying.
Well I hope that's not how long it will take for us to repay the loan, but people that live in houses tend to be in some kind of debt all their lives.
Today's song:
Len - Steal my sunshine
No comments:
Post a Comment