The house has come to a grinding halt as the rain has been falling pretty much non-stop since last time i posted an update. Hopefully the rains will stop this Tuesday as predicted by the weather bureau. Also the builder has changed our site manager again without notifying us. This we only found out yesterday when we called the guy to ask what the plan was. So today on hes day off from work, my hubby called the building office to say hes had enough of them not notifying us whats going on. Then he got apologies and a promise that the building would start next week.
I do understand how rainstorms can stop the build, but it does not excuse the fact that there has been too many things we have found out through other people instead of the builders themselves.
Here below is a picture i managed to take when the bricks and other stuff arrived on site.
Work is currently going well, with my training finishing a week earlier than expected since they thought i was doing a good job. So i had two weeks training instead of the three that was expected. So the girl I'm replacing got the last week in holiday leave.
I'm working for a international logistics/ customs broker company, where i am in the position of customs operations. I will start studying for my customs broker licence after new year. And they say that will be about three years of studying. Luckily i will have my job with evening studies. so i will still be able to help paying off our house loan.
I also take care of some courier jobs for the company every day.
We also finally managed to go see The worlds end in the movies. And i do recommend it for all the nerds out there that likes Nick Frost and Simon Peg in general. I wont say anymore because it needs to be seen. I'll give it a 9 out of 10, only because the movie did not have as clear connections and hints as the other two movies in the Cornetto series (Hot fuzz and Shaun of the dead) But it was still some epic laughs in there.
Last weekend was also very busy, with an Ikea trip, a high tea at Jacky's house and a role playing night with friends. I am looking forward to getting these sessions much more regular, we have now begun a campaign about vampire/werewolf/ supernatural things hunters. Where as far as its gone so far we have only had time to write the character sheets. One thing i have to add though is that Google drive, and Google + in general has worked wonders to get all this to work.
The dogs have also had a new bed that they love very much because its so fluffy.
Funny how they just suddenly stopped wanting to go out at 6:30 - 7:00 in the morning. and instead asks for a snooze until 8:30 - 9:00.
My dizziness has gotten better after the amazing work of the specialist that has put me on more exercises after the right ear- balance stopped playing up. So instead of suspecting i needed an M R A he knew how to fix it, and now i need to do the same exercises mirrored to fix my left ear- balance. But as long as it fixes it, I'm happy. I cant wait until i can do whatever i want without thinking about how it will affect my balance.
Yesterday i also did something i have never done ever in my life. I went straight from work and went clothes shopping by my self on my own. I ended up getting shoes, two t shirts, one white top to have underneath certain shirts, two necklaces and 6 pairs of ear rings.
Tomorrow we will try to go to look for the things i didn't manage to get because my feet were really sore after being in the work shoes all day. And that is a courier pouch for my phone, keys and drivers licence, so i don't have to grab my whole bag to go out the door.
a work dress because the spring is coming up and its going to get too warm for pants, and last but not least some jeans because most of my jeans have holes and frayed edges on them.
I have also gotten a licence for trying to upgrade my drivers license to a manual instead of automatic. That way we don't have to try to sell our car. (there is nothing wrong with it, and its a 2008 model) That will mean we will get more use out of it, instead of selling it at a loss as it would be at the moment.
Today's song:
Katy Perry - Roar
I do understand how rainstorms can stop the build, but it does not excuse the fact that there has been too many things we have found out through other people instead of the builders themselves.
Here below is a picture i managed to take when the bricks and other stuff arrived on site.
Work is currently going well, with my training finishing a week earlier than expected since they thought i was doing a good job. So i had two weeks training instead of the three that was expected. So the girl I'm replacing got the last week in holiday leave.
I'm working for a international logistics/ customs broker company, where i am in the position of customs operations. I will start studying for my customs broker licence after new year. And they say that will be about three years of studying. Luckily i will have my job with evening studies. so i will still be able to help paying off our house loan.
I also take care of some courier jobs for the company every day.
We also finally managed to go see The worlds end in the movies. And i do recommend it for all the nerds out there that likes Nick Frost and Simon Peg in general. I wont say anymore because it needs to be seen. I'll give it a 9 out of 10, only because the movie did not have as clear connections and hints as the other two movies in the Cornetto series (Hot fuzz and Shaun of the dead) But it was still some epic laughs in there.
Last weekend was also very busy, with an Ikea trip, a high tea at Jacky's house and a role playing night with friends. I am looking forward to getting these sessions much more regular, we have now begun a campaign about vampire/werewolf/ supernatural things hunters. Where as far as its gone so far we have only had time to write the character sheets. One thing i have to add though is that Google drive, and Google + in general has worked wonders to get all this to work.
The dogs have also had a new bed that they love very much because its so fluffy.
Funny how they just suddenly stopped wanting to go out at 6:30 - 7:00 in the morning. and instead asks for a snooze until 8:30 - 9:00.
My dizziness has gotten better after the amazing work of the specialist that has put me on more exercises after the right ear- balance stopped playing up. So instead of suspecting i needed an M R A he knew how to fix it, and now i need to do the same exercises mirrored to fix my left ear- balance. But as long as it fixes it, I'm happy. I cant wait until i can do whatever i want without thinking about how it will affect my balance.
Yesterday i also did something i have never done ever in my life. I went straight from work and went clothes shopping by my self on my own. I ended up getting shoes, two t shirts, one white top to have underneath certain shirts, two necklaces and 6 pairs of ear rings.
Tomorrow we will try to go to look for the things i didn't manage to get because my feet were really sore after being in the work shoes all day. And that is a courier pouch for my phone, keys and drivers licence, so i don't have to grab my whole bag to go out the door.
a work dress because the spring is coming up and its going to get too warm for pants, and last but not least some jeans because most of my jeans have holes and frayed edges on them.
I have also gotten a licence for trying to upgrade my drivers license to a manual instead of automatic. That way we don't have to try to sell our car. (there is nothing wrong with it, and its a 2008 model) That will mean we will get more use out of it, instead of selling it at a loss as it would be at the moment.
Today's song:
Katy Perry - Roar

No comments:
Post a Comment