Thursday, February 2, 2012

Let me explain why I've been so quiet for a few weeks. The 16th of January, i started my new job. And since then I've been working and the nights have been spent relaxing (some time has also been spent studying). I don't have any better description of what I've been doing with my time.
I have started working in Logistics, its what i have gone to school for, and to tell the truth. I absolutely love it! The office is nice, and the people even nicer. 
Im currently managing the air import side of things, while helping out where ever i can in sea-import.
So far i think I've been managing quite well, i haven't had anyone come back and complained to me.
Today was a weird day though since its been wanting to rain all day, and the office had a big power out so we couldn't get in to the system or do any phone calls.
So in the end, after sitting and chatting to people for quite some time, we heard that the power wasn't expected to come on again until 18:30 .. So the boss gave us permission to go.

I called Mike, and decided to walk to the station, my phone ran out of credit, it was raining, and 40 minutes later i reached the train station with blisters on the back my feet :3 it was an awesome walk it really was. Not so much because of the walk but very much because of the rain. I absolutely loved it.
Plus the bonus being that i got to the station so i didn't have to walk any longer.

other than my new job there's not been too much happening, Other than us finding out that our dog Fall really loves tomatoes and that (we suspect) might have been eating them off the tomato plants. Otherwise it might have been a race horse lizard or a parrot that's eaten some. All three suspects are equally suspected to sneak off with our tomatoes.
I have also made a very nice dessert. A white chocolate pannacotta with raspberry jelly. I made two kinds, one with the jelly and one just plain one. (people have different taste, its good to give them a choice) 

I have also realized that my birthday is in 9 days, 8 days really since this day is almost over. And the fact that i don't know what to wish for makes me very uneasy. I mean you only turn a quarter of a century once in your lifetime, so i better come up with something that makes it nice.
Suggestions is very welcome! What would you like to see me do for my birthday? 
I might think of a few things this weekend, im going to try to sit down and write down a list.

Saturday is a big day out for the dogs. They are going to the vet for their yearly checkup and vaccine. Wonder how much noise they will make when they see all the other animals in the waiting room, and wonder how long it will take before the nurses puts us in a separate room... again...
Its very embarrassing.
We will see if they can keep themselves i guess, for some reason im doubting that its going to happen very soon.

And that is that for today.
One last day this week at my awesome job and i get lots of awesome time with my love over the weekend.

Today's song:
Cher Lloyd - With your love

2 comments:

  1. I accually feel like the whurst mum ever...my eldest is turning 25 and I haven't sent you any gift :(
    If I could, I'd send you a ship load of snow, because I know you'd love that...
    but all the snow would have melted before comming to you...
    If I could afford It, I'd put each and every one of us on the firt available plane to Perth so that we could be there with you for your special day...
    but there wont be any family for you to find at the airport either...
    All I can do is to look up at the moon, thinking of you...and send you the biggest cyber hug ever sent on this planet!!
    And I hope, from the bottom of my heart...that you'd have the best birthday ever!!
    <3 ÄLSKAR DIG! <3 /Mamma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Var ett tag sen du skrev nåt, men jag snubblade över den här lilla grejen som Umeå universitet skrivit till utbytesstudenter, rätt rolig läsning, tyckte jag iaf. :P
    http://www.umu.se/english/education/student-handbook/umea_-sweden-and-the-swedes

    ReplyDelete