Sometimes you just need to relax to keep your sanity.
However that was not the case the past weekend when I may or may not have told the neighbours off. Not for playing Soccer in their back yard every weekend for five weeks for a constant 6 - 8 hours per day.
But for kicking their ball over the fence on to our house/ garden / flowers.
Please note this is a group of 6 - 8 men in their mid to late 20's - early 30's.
We are not talking about kids here, I would expect kids not to consider someone living on the other side of a fence if you cannot see over it (because some kids live in their own little world. Void of what they cannot see at that particular moment in time) and I would in that case of it having been kids, possible just have mentioned the stray balls to their parents and expected to get some form of co-existing problem-solving response.
Back to this past weekend.
This have been ongoing for a while, and we have found ourselves having to leave the house to get respite from the bounce, bounce, bounce , thump, thump , thump noise that's been the bane of our existence. While they are happily kicking the ball in between themselves and giggling like 8 year old's when someone misses.
Grown men.
I mean, I do not deny someone having a good time with their friends or spending massive amounts of time in their garden. I do not complain when people have parties that may be a bit too loud. Or even when they forget to lock their shed door on a windy day and it bangs in the wind when i try to sleep.
However this constant noise was driving me to a point when I felt like I wanted to crawl out of my own skin, turn to Godzilla and wade through the city roaring at the sky.
I was both Horrified of hearing myself telling them, after throwing the latest two soccer balls back over the fence; - "If I see another soccer ball on my side of the fence you would not expect to see it again" (My brain reasoning that if they wanted to keep the ball anyway, they would surely take it to the park. The park is not even two minutes walking distance across the street. I had in a friendly way suggested that very same option while giving the ball back over the fence the first time to one of them. In which the guy replied -"Yes, sorry, we will." While 5 minutes later continuing on as if our quick conversation over the fence did not exist in space and time, and then carrying on kicking ball for another 5 hours). I also heard my self adding to the outburst (I mean lets just vent when venting right?) how upsetting it was that they kept hitting things I cared about on my side of the Fence. (Read; my baby lemon tree barely the size of a bush and currently in flower.)
And at the same time I was horrified It felt so good, like the outburst of frustration released a spring in me so tightly wound up that I could not for the life of me go to bed at night and go to sleep, unless I had spent three-four hours twisting in bed to try to at least calm down.
On one hand, I felt like a berserk, horrifyingly angry to the point of feeling a bit scared of myself for saying those things.
On the other hand, my big-sister attitude kicked in and through it was right that they got themselves a schooling for something that should have been obvious to any grown-up person living in a built-up area where the fences are so close to other houses that you can hear the neighbours sneeze somewhere in their home if you are in a close-by room in your own home at the time.
Not joking, this scenario have actually happened.
Thinking about the outcome and how I feel about the situation now. I have accepted the fact that I may possibly from now-on, be the horrible Berserker-Witch Godzilla-lady next door.
My husband is of a conflicting view than me and he has asked me to apologise to the neighbours to keep the peace.
However will the apology only signal that I admit that I was wrong to request some peace and quiet on my weekends while in my own home? Or would there be a moment of clarity on their part and understanding to maybe limit the playtime to a couple of hours at the time?
I honestly do not think an apology is going to lead somewhere due to the original lack of respect following on to my first request they move to the park for a bit.
Ultimately there are very few times that I loose my temper, and I consider this time as well founded. However, maybe slightly bad execution on my part. As much as I feel bad for having to tell them how I felt in such a way. I am a human too, and I have the same right living in my house as they do living in theirs.
That includes being able to relax over the weekends without having to remove myself from the area to get peace.
Apologies for the rant.
As you were.
Today's song:
Paramore - Hard times
However that was not the case the past weekend when I may or may not have told the neighbours off. Not for playing Soccer in their back yard every weekend for five weeks for a constant 6 - 8 hours per day.
But for kicking their ball over the fence on to our house/ garden / flowers.
Please note this is a group of 6 - 8 men in their mid to late 20's - early 30's.
We are not talking about kids here, I would expect kids not to consider someone living on the other side of a fence if you cannot see over it (because some kids live in their own little world. Void of what they cannot see at that particular moment in time) and I would in that case of it having been kids, possible just have mentioned the stray balls to their parents and expected to get some form of co-existing problem-solving response.
Back to this past weekend.
This have been ongoing for a while, and we have found ourselves having to leave the house to get respite from the bounce, bounce, bounce , thump, thump , thump noise that's been the bane of our existence. While they are happily kicking the ball in between themselves and giggling like 8 year old's when someone misses.
Grown men.
I mean, I do not deny someone having a good time with their friends or spending massive amounts of time in their garden. I do not complain when people have parties that may be a bit too loud. Or even when they forget to lock their shed door on a windy day and it bangs in the wind when i try to sleep.
However this constant noise was driving me to a point when I felt like I wanted to crawl out of my own skin, turn to Godzilla and wade through the city roaring at the sky.
I was both Horrified of hearing myself telling them, after throwing the latest two soccer balls back over the fence; - "If I see another soccer ball on my side of the fence you would not expect to see it again" (My brain reasoning that if they wanted to keep the ball anyway, they would surely take it to the park. The park is not even two minutes walking distance across the street. I had in a friendly way suggested that very same option while giving the ball back over the fence the first time to one of them. In which the guy replied -"Yes, sorry, we will." While 5 minutes later continuing on as if our quick conversation over the fence did not exist in space and time, and then carrying on kicking ball for another 5 hours). I also heard my self adding to the outburst (I mean lets just vent when venting right?) how upsetting it was that they kept hitting things I cared about on my side of the Fence. (Read; my baby lemon tree barely the size of a bush and currently in flower.)
And at the same time I was horrified It felt so good, like the outburst of frustration released a spring in me so tightly wound up that I could not for the life of me go to bed at night and go to sleep, unless I had spent three-four hours twisting in bed to try to at least calm down.
On one hand, I felt like a berserk, horrifyingly angry to the point of feeling a bit scared of myself for saying those things.
On the other hand, my big-sister attitude kicked in and through it was right that they got themselves a schooling for something that should have been obvious to any grown-up person living in a built-up area where the fences are so close to other houses that you can hear the neighbours sneeze somewhere in their home if you are in a close-by room in your own home at the time.
Not joking, this scenario have actually happened.
Thinking about the outcome and how I feel about the situation now. I have accepted the fact that I may possibly from now-on, be the horrible Berserker-Witch Godzilla-lady next door.
My husband is of a conflicting view than me and he has asked me to apologise to the neighbours to keep the peace.
However will the apology only signal that I admit that I was wrong to request some peace and quiet on my weekends while in my own home? Or would there be a moment of clarity on their part and understanding to maybe limit the playtime to a couple of hours at the time?
I honestly do not think an apology is going to lead somewhere due to the original lack of respect following on to my first request they move to the park for a bit.
Ultimately there are very few times that I loose my temper, and I consider this time as well founded. However, maybe slightly bad execution on my part. As much as I feel bad for having to tell them how I felt in such a way. I am a human too, and I have the same right living in my house as they do living in theirs.
That includes being able to relax over the weekends without having to remove myself from the area to get peace.
Apologies for the rant.
As you were.
Today's song:
Paramore - Hard times
No comments:
Post a Comment