Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Where do i start after not writing for so long?
I could make up some excuse that i have been busy. I have been busy with work, i really have. But there have still been pockets of time available to me where i could have sat down and written something here.

One major thing that i have been doing during this time is that i have spent a lot of time trying to figure out where i want to go in my life from where i stand now, and who I truly am and want to be as a person.
Even though some might say that i have already done a lot of things with my life and i have come so far and I am sure that a lot of people would barely even recognize the person i am today.
I have been feeling like i have been stuck for a while.
And sometimes a long hard look is needed.

I have laughed, discussed memories, cried and dealt with some topics that i should have dealt with a long time ago about the past and also spoken about dreams of what i would like to do with my future.
A great deal of my silence and initial writes block to begin with had to do with the fact that i felt like i was living inside an empty box with pictures projected on the sides.
Sometimes standing in the middle and looking at the pictures rolling by and just going through the motions of life without feeling that I was truly there in the moment.
 I have now climbed out of that empty box. Don't worry i am OK.

When i managed to get through the swamp of emotional baggage. Both Good and bad. I decided for my own sake that I would take time off from sitting in front of the computer. I went on a voluntary computer lent for a few weeks when i was at home. I didn't read the news and i removed my twitter from the easily accessible apps on my phone. I decided to stop being a tech-zombie and to come to life.
Another good thing Me and my husband did this year was to unsubscribe from our TV channel provider. We do not currently have any TV channels at all, not even free to air TV. We only have our  PS4 and some blue ray discs.
It has truly felt good to have the break.
And now i am back.

Apologies if i caused anyone to worry.

Today's song:
Sia - The Greatest

No comments:

Post a Comment