Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Work has started to pick up again and i think its because Christmas is really close, in transport peoples worlds. I have heard some shops over here has already started selling Christmas things. Its completely crazy and i have yet to see it myself. Even though it might prove itself quite useful for me this year because i need to get my own Christmas decoration collection going and it might take me some time between having work and doing my studies that starts again end of next month. I want to go all out and do a complete Swedish Christmas over here on the 24th of December like its supposed to be. But I lack a lot of the recipes or materials to make it happen. If i don't pull it off this year, I will hopefully be able to pull it off next year.

Later this week we have a lot of things happening with the house. We are going to finally have a person here to measure the windows so we can get blinds. There is also a paving guy coming to have a look at the laundry drying-court area and the passage from the driveway to the backyard. So once we have those sorted we will be able to start with the garden beds and the gate. Saturday we also have a person coming to give us a quote for grass. Hopefully it will be starting to move on quite quickly after they have been here and had a look. I have been a bit ambitious and set my self a date in November when i would like the back yard to be finished. I have a feeling the backyard will be the biggest and most expensive project we have dome with this house so far. But its going to add a lot of value to the house so its worth it in the end. At least it will remove a lot of the sand that keeps coming in the door.

I'm also going to start a new month in my goals book, and that's always a bit exciting, to go back and see that i have achieved as much or as little as i have. I find even small progress makes me feel good, because I'm moving forward. The book has really set me in to a different perspective to look at things in my life i do everyday and try to motivate myself to make it go in the direction i want. It also helps me keep my focus when i have given myself a long term goal because i can't just go off and do something unrelated mid-week or mid-month. I focus on my goals and then i try my best until I'm happy with where I'm at or until the goal has come to the end date i gave myself to complete it by.

Today's song:
Baba yetu - Malukah and Peter Hollens

No comments:

Post a Comment